New release: Astro-COLIBRI v2.16.0

Before the Astro-COLIBRI team heads off for a well-earned summer vacation, we were able to implement a few new features and improvements. The new version of our platform (v2.16.0) is available now. It includes:

• Enhanced API Requests: API requests can now directly utilize the filter settings defined in our web and smartphone interfaces, streamlining your data retrieval process. This was request by several of our users (e.g. @jean.paul.astro). Simply define your event filters in the graphical interfaces and then submit your requests to the latest_transients and cone_search endpoints without sending the filter details in the post request. We’ll recover the filters associated to your user-ID and use them for the request.

• Extended event Endpoint: The event endpoint has been extended to be able to handle lists of events (instead of only a single one). You can now retrieve all details of a selection of events in a single query improving efficiency and usability.

• Top-10 Events Download: As an example, the extended functionality of the event endpoint is used to enable the download the top-10 events selected each week in collaboration with the Pro-Am network RAPAS. See RAPAS for details.

• Minor Improvements and Bug Fixes: As usual we were able to make various minor enhancements and resolved several bugs, including:

• Lightcurves of recent optical transients are now updated more frequently (twice per day).
    • We have added a link to the Xingming Sky Survey Project (XOSS), an amateur astronomer project at the Xingming observatory.
    • Various minor bug fixes

We hope these updates will further enhance your experience with Astro-COLIBRI. As always, your feedback is invaluable to us: please let us know if you encounter any issues or have any suggestions for future improvements.

Your Astro-COLIBRI team

1 Like

Thanks Fabian for the 2.16.0 release.
I’ll use your last working minutes to announce that I’ll start validating in Prism this release.
Enjoy your hollydays.
JPG

1 Like

Hi All,

• Utilizing the filter settings defined in our web and smartphone interfaces: seems ok for me. Just conform to my wishes.
1 Like